Leader in Gynecologic Oncology
The West Clinic’s Center for Gynecologic Oncology is one of the most unique centers managing women with gynecologic cancer in the United States and the only center of its kind in the Mid-South. Our team
of 4 gynecologic oncologists provides comprehensive multidisciplinary care for women with diagnosed or suspected gynecologic malignancies, ensuring the best possible quality of life during and following treatment.
Working closely with our referring
physicians, we provide exemplary, compassionate, and respectful care, utilizing the latest treatment options in surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. Our team of nurses and physicians are committed to meeting the individual needs of patients and their families
in a sensitive and supportive environment.
back to top
What is Gynecologic Oncology?
Oncologist is a physician specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of women with cancer of the reproductive organs which includes the ovary, endometrium, uterus, cervix, vagina, vulva and gestational trophoblastic disease. Their area
of expertise includes the surgical and chemotherapeutic management of gynecologic malignancies. In addition, a close working relationship exists between the gynecologic oncologist and the radiation oncologist in the planning and treatment of patients with
radiation therapy. All Gynecologic Oncologists complete an approved, 4-year residency program in Obstetrics and Gynecology which is followed by a 3-4 year clinical fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology. Currently, there are only
32 fellowship training programs approved by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) in the United States .
The most common gynecologic cancers are ovarian, endometrial, and cervical. Less common forms of gynecologic malignancies include
vulvar and vaginal cancer. Some cancer types we treat are:
- Established or suspected ovarian cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Uterine sarcoma
- Pre-invasive and invasive cervical, vulvar and vaginal cancer.
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Patients with strong family history for breast and/or ovarian cancer
back to top
Expert Patient Care
West Clinic patients have access to the most advanced treatments available anywhere. Our multidisciplinary team provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services as patients utilize a
highly individualized program of care. Patients can easily be referred to one of our specialists for evaluation. Innovative treatment plans are developed in accordance with each patient’s needs. In addition, second opinions and additional consults are
easily coordinated for our patients. All of our Gyn Oncologists are on faculty at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. By combining research, teaching and patient care, we believe we provide the most up to date and comprehensive care.
back to top
Comprehensive Diagnostic and Treatment Services
The West Clinic’s Center for
Gynecologic Oncology provides a total integration of services from treatment to support including:
- Consultations: Newly diagnosed and recurrent gynecologic cancers
- Multimodality Treatment: Surgical, chemotherapeutic,
and/or radiation therapy
- Individualized Surgical Options: Radical abdominal/pelvic, reconstructive, and laparoscopic minimally invasive surgical procedures for gynecologic cancers
- Fertility-sparing Surgery
- Diagnostic Radiological Services: Interventional Radiology, MRI, PET, CT Scans and Ultrasound
- Colposcopy/ LEEP/Laser Therapy: Treatment of pre-invasive cancer
- Treatment and Screening:
for pre-invasive and hereditary cancer in women
- Genetic Counseling: for patients at risk of familial cancers
- On-site Radiology, Chemotherapy, and Pharmacy
- Research Protocols: ACORN
and Gynecologic Oncology Group
- Wings Cancer Foundation: Counseling services including support groups, educational seminars on cancer-related topics, nutrition advice, exercise, and many other supportive programs and services free
of charge to anyone in the community.
Minimally Invasive Gynecology Surgery
Team of Specialists
Our extraordinary holistic treatment philosophy embraces treating the patient as a person not just treating the disease. Our team of specialists includes:
- Diagnostic and Interventional Radiologists
- Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses
- Research Nurses
- Clinical Psychologists
- Certified Genetic Counselors
back to top
Our Team of Gynecologic Oncologists
Linda M. Smiley, MD
E. Reed, MD
Joseph T. Santoso, MD
D. Tillmanns, MD
We are committed to providing the best cancer care available anywhere in the United States . Our team of dedicated physicians can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for patient referrals
and consults. Currently, we practice at our Humphreys, Mid-town, Southaven and Corinth , MS offices as well as the Baptist, Methodist, and St. Francis hospitals. Please call us at any time if we can provide additional information or to discuss a patient referral.
East Memphis – Main Office
100 N. Humphreys Blvd.
Memphis , TN 38120
Mid-town – Memphis
1588 Union Avenue
Memphis , TN 38104
7668 Airways Blvd.
Southaven , MS 38671
2001 State Drive, Suite 2C
Corinth, MS 38834